Housebound Assistance

Program Description

Veterans and survivors who are eligible for a VA pension and and are substantially confined to their immediate premises because of disability may qualify to receive an addition to your monthly pension amount to supplement a caretaker.


  • You must have a current VA pension.

Additional requirements (you must meet at least one of the below criteria in addition to having a VA pension.)

  • You have a single permanent disability evaluated as 100-percent disabling and, due to such disability, you are permanently and substantially confined to your immediate premises.
  • You have a single permenant disability evaulated as 100-percent disabiling and, another disability or disabilities, evaluated as 60-percent or more disabling.

How To Apply

You may apply for Housebound benefits by writing to the Pension Management Center that serves your state. You may also visit your local VA Regional Benefit Office for assistance.

You must include a VA Form 2680 which must be filled out by a physician.

Contact Info

John Gillard


380 Westminster St.

Providence, RI 02903

Visit Housebound Assistance Website